Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Psalms 18- God, a Fighter?

Psalms 18 is about praising a victorious God. I don’t think this would be considered problematic. I think that religions overlap sometime and this can just one of the times when it does. I think that in our society it would not be problematic because even though we tend to separate things into different categories; every religion has a God that is helpful, protective and victorious. I think that in all religions some elements of God are in fact repeated and cross referenced. I am unsure if this image of God is victorious. In one way it shows that God is in fact the person that is available to protect everyone. I also think that in some aspects he losses that humble characteristic that is often praised.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Even in the media God and religion in general tend to be cross catergorized. For ex: Scary movies tend to fool many people into thnking that becoming closer with the spiritual world is a dangerous or spooky thing.In terms of religion, its great!

    ReplyDelete